Round Valley Farmhouse
79918 Road 441
Broken Bow, NE 68822
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Three rooms with Queen beds (sleeps 6)
- Lovely Farm Home with modern capabilties
- New appliances
- Washer/dyer available
- Surrounded by farmland
- WI-FI/Ethernet access
- Event space
- Continental Breakfast
Hours of OperationCheck-Ins 4:00 PM
Check-Out is 11:00 AM
Call 308-870-3053 for Booking Information
Welcome to Round Valley Farmhouse!
We are Russ and Lisa Rice of Broken Bow. Russ’s parents, Duane and Joanne Rice, raised their family in Broken Bow. Russ’s dad was a veterinarian for many years. Russ followed in his dad’s footsteps and became a veterinarian also. He started his career in southwest Kansas near a small town called Spearville, which is my hometown. We started out as a young couple raising a family in Holdrege, NE. After seven years in Holdrege, an opportunity came up for us to move to Russ’s hometown.
We moved to Broken Bow from Holdrege in 1998 with three kids, the youngest not quite 2 years old. Broken Bow has been a great community to be involved in and to raise a family. As an interior designer, I have been given many opportunities to hone my craft in both commercial and residential projects.
The farmhouse, which is behind our house, has been part of our property since 1998. This house, as a rental, finally reached a critical point of attention. We had to decide to fix it up a little or do a major renovation and transform it into something special. We felt, because of its character, location and privacy, this house was worth a second chance, so we chose the major renovation. Plus, it was exactly the type of challenge I like.
The farmhouse has gone through a total renovation which includes: removal of lath and plaster, removal of a couple of walls to have a more open concept, new windows, new electrical, (including being wired for Ethernet), new plumbing, new roof, new siding, new kitchen, and we created a much needed second bathroom upstairs. Now the house has a new purpose.
We want to be able to share this location with others. This farmhouse is close to the Custer County Fairgrounds, close to the hospital, close to BD, and even close enough to town to have pizza delivered. But it is just on the outside of town for peace, quiet and tranquility.
Call us for room rates and reservations!
Main floor and kitchen available for special events. Pricing depends upon length and type of event. Call Lisa to ask about having your next party or business get together at Round Valley Farmhouse 308-870-3053. Examples of events: Pampered Chef parties, baby showers, quilting/scrapbooking party, wine and cheese gathering, business retreat, church/bible retreat, etc...
- CHECK-IN IS 4:00 PM & CHECK-OUT IS 11:00 AM
- No Pets Allowed & No Smoking in the House
- Breaking either of these rules will result in a $250 fine, no exceptions
- No campfires or fireworks allowed on the property
- There are 3 Queen beds, for a capacity of 6 people. The sofa and love seat are not made for sleeping quarters.
- 2 per room max * / 6 per house max* (*some restrictions with capacity can be negotiated)
- Do not move or remove any furnishings or inventory from the house.
- Owners have the right to bill guest for any damaged or missing items at the appropriate cost of repair or replacement
- The house should be clean when you arrive and we appreciate you leaving it clean when you leave. This includes all dishes washed and put up, refrigerator cleaned out, and trash dumped in large trash can provided outside on the back porch. If there is a problem with the house, or any other issues please let us know immediately, not when you leave.
- As required by law this property is equipped with smoke detectors (which are wired in) and a fire extinguisher (under the kitchen sink). We also have carbon monoxide detectors for the gas furnace (one downstairs by the furnace and one on ground level by the return air vent.
- There is a first aid kit in the walk-in pantry, upper left cabinet
ALL CANCELLATIONS will be charged a $25 handling fee. CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE WITHIN 72 HOURS OF ARRIVAL.
If a guest does not arrive and honor their reservation, or contact us to cancel, they will be charged for the full amount of the stay.