Holcomb Pharmacy, P.C.
540 South 8th Ave.
Broken Bow, NE 68822
Contact via Email
- Consultations with new prescriptions
- Specialized diabetic care
- Administer flu and shingles vaccinations
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Free prescription delivery
- Gift shop with unique gift selection
- Gifts wrapped beautifully for free
- Convenient drive-thru and parking
- Friendly customer service
Hours of OperationMonday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm
Three generations of Holcomb’s have been the foundation of Holcomb Pharmacy as we celebrate 75 years in business. Roy Holcomb, Chuck’s father and Mike's grandfather, started the business in the fall of 1939. The original store was located on the west side of the square and a popular gathering place for young people who enjoyed the soda fountain and lunch counter with its booths along the wall. Roy’s wife, Hazel, prepared hot lunches at home to be served at the lunch counter. In addition to the prescription area, Sherwin Williams Paint, wallpaper, DuBarry Cosmetics, and veterinary serums were a part of the store’s offerings. In January of 1958, Roy’s son, Chuck, along with his wife Ann, joined his father in the business. In November of 1962, a new Holcomb Pharmacy opened just one building south from its former site. This opened up much needed space for the pharmacy and expanded gift lines. On Saturday afternoon, September 5th, 1987, the last drugstore fountain in Broken Bow, NE closed and was donated to the Custer County Historical Society, where it is now displayed. This was done to obtain much needed space. Dr. Lawrence Wallace, Optometrist, was the last customer served at the 10 stool counter. This period was also the birth of the computer age for Holcomb Pharmacy. In May of 1990, Mike, along with Becky joined his father in the business. August 11, 2008 marked the Grand Opening of Holcomb Pharmacy’s new and current location southeast of the square. This again was done to obtain much needed space for pharmacy, gifts, and most importantly, our customers. New additions to the store included a private consultation room, an automated medication dispensing robot in the pharmacy, a photo kiosk machine, drive-thru pharmacy, convenient parking and a full service coffee shop called “Hazel’s” named in honor of Mike’s grandmother. All in all, our main priority and biggest enjoyment is the relationships we have built and continue to build in this great community. Thank you for your continued support and loyalty to Holcomb Pharmacy.